Meeting Privacy and Security Challenges with Adlib
With a diverse background working with unstructured content – including emails, CAD drawings, spreadsheets, and Word documents – Adlib has developed the Content Elevation Process which enables organizations to take control of their information:
The first phase in the process is to standardize all content regardless of format which is helps to ensure privacy and security measures.
- Convert over 400 file formats to high-definition, ISO-approved PDF format to ensure all content is readable regardless of authoring software
- Remove duplicates – as much as 35% – to ensure a clean and manageable repository of documents
- Develop a deeper understanding of unstructured content by examining the data and file stats – including author, title, date, and types
The second phase is able to dig into the standardized documents and pull out information based on the organization’s privacy and security requirements.
- Assign Adlib’s proprietary Content Fingerprint – a digital representation and unique identifier for each piece of content – to rapidly examine large volumes of documents to determine the privacy and security settings required
- Determine content that is eligible for Progressive Classification™ and define categories based on specific private or secure material within those documents
The third phase of the process organizes the content based on the information provided by the Content Fingerprint identifier.
- Use the similarity index – with a full audit trail – to identify specific categories of documents based on security and privacy parameters identified
- Discover further duplicate content, and remove Redundant, Obsolete, and Trivial (ROT) data
- Determine what to do with files that are near-duplicates
The fourth and last phase of the process takes unstructured content to another level by adding in enhancements, and preparing the content for further downstream processes, identified by Progressive Classification.
- Apply appropriate privacy and security controls to similar groups of documents, identified with Progressive Classification technology
- Add digital signatures and watermarks to create controlled documents that are authentic and secure
- Redact confidential information such as Non-public Personal Information (NPI) and Personally Identifiable Information (PII) based on pre-defined patterns and marked areas