KMWorld, the leading publisher and event organizer for the knowledge management, content management and document management communities, produces a series of best practices white papers on a monthly basis, giving industry experts in those industries a chance to share their knowledge with their colleagues. It’s an excellent source of information for those in any field where content is king.
This month’s best practices white paper is on how organizations can leverage their SharePoint investment with 3rd-party enhancements to turn SharePoint into a true Enterprise Content Management (ECM) system that is customized for their needs.
The topics covered vary from one end to the other:
- Looking at the many dimensions of SharePoint
- Investigating information governance for SharePoint users
- Transforming SharePoint with metadata
- Augmenting SharePoint digital rights management (DRM) capabilities
- Creating corporate governance policies
- Deploying document output management capabilities
- Ensuring end-user adoption