14 ways we made document processes easier in 2014
Once again the end of the year is upon us. Seems like just yesterday I started writing 2014 instead of 2013, and now I have to teach myself to move on to 2015!
2014 was an exciting year at Adlib. We made a lot of progress in helping organizations to improve the efficiency of document-centric processes. I’ll highlight 14 of those ways here:
- Advanced Rendering is now available in the cloud! What does this mean for organizations? When faced with large project-based tasks for document conversion, you no longer have to depend on resources such as hardware or IT personnel.
- We’re building upon capture technology and working with exciting new partners to explore creative ways our PDF software can be applied to new business processes such as de-duplication and content extraction.
- After our success in the financial services industry, we’ve increased our focus and broken down our solutions into more tailored services for banking and insurance customers.
- You can read about our product all you want, but seeing really is believing. That’s why we’ve created detailed product demos you can watch to get an idea of how Advanced Rendering can improve the efficiency of your organization.
- New customers are often interested in learning about the ways existing clients have used our technology. This is why we’ve documented over 55 unique use cases so you can see the many ways in which Advanced Rendering is used in organizations throughout the world.
- We now offer advanced Optical Character Recognition (OCR) in over 120 languages, including Asian languages such as simplified and traditional Chinese, Japanese and Korean character sets. Your business is global, and we’re helping you manage your global documentation.
- With its enterprise-grade architecture, Advanced Rendering can be leveraged as a shared service across the organization. Recently we helped a pharmaceutical company in Europe reduce their multiple rendering tools into one Advanced Rendering solution, resulting in huge cost savings.
- Adlib’s robust partner ecosystem is one of the reasons we’re so successful. We get to work with leading technology providers to help improve document-centric processes in a wide range of industries. This year we created a new Adlib Partner Plus Program to help grow our relationships.
- Being able to connect Adlib PDF into your existing ECM is a huge benefit for organizations. We rounded out our integrations this year, and in addition to our OEM relationship with OpenText, we now have direct connectors for IBM FileNet, Microsoft SharePoint, and EMC Documentum.
- Our new CAD module supports a number of new file types including CATIA, so you never have to hear the words “I can’t open this file” again.
- A picture is worth a thousand words, as they say. As a result, we’ve created new infographics to help educate organizations about the document-to-PDF conversion marketplace.
- We’ve always been active in industry associations, and now our CEO Peter Duff is the Vice Chairman of the PDF Association. Our goal is to help the association educate the market about the business benefits of the PDF standard in the North American region.
- We’re an EMC Certified Solutions Partner, which is something we’re very proud of. As a result, we’re able to help the growing number of organizations who are migrating to Documentum 7 and need Advanced Rendering. In addition, we use our platform to support Documentum customers dealing with issues around Dark Data, Dirty Data, and Long Term Archiving.
- We were selected as one of Hamilton-Niagara’s top employers. What does this have to do with making document processes easier? Well, the way I see it, if our employees are happy, they’ll be creating better, more innovative products. And in the end, that’s what it’s all about. We aim to create the most useful and inventive software solutions, together with our robust partner ecosystem, so that your organization can improve their business processes.
Phew – now that’s quite a list. And believe me when I say there is a lot going on that we didn’t include in here. As I said earlier, 2014 has been an exciting year at Adlib. We’ve done a lot to ensure our customers and partners are equipped with the best tools to improve the efficiency of their document-centric processes.
I’m eager to see what 2015 will bring. See you on the other side!