We are proud to be included in the just-released publication put out by AIIM, the leading ECM association, titled “Digital Long-Term Preservation of Electronic Documents PDF/A Products Guide.”
The PDF archive (PDF/A) standard is being rapidly adopted for digital archiving, steered in part by the international PDF/A Competence Center, of which we are a member.
Adlib’s rich set of PDF/A capabilities, which integrate with ECM and SharePoint systems, reduce costs associated with automated long term PDF archiving, increase efficiency with best-in-class searchability, and meet compliance requirements.
As described in the new AIIM guide, Adlib includes the following key PDF/A capabilities:
- The conversion of Microsoft® Office® and 300+other supported file types to PDF/A
- Out-of-the-box integration with Microsoft SharePoint for the conversion of content stored in SharePoint to PDF/A
- Archiving automated through creation of workflows using SharePoint Designer, Nintex Workflow, or K2
- PDF to PDF/A ‘Repair’: Correct a wider range of issues associated with legacy PDFs to maximize the number that will become a valid/accessible PDF/A for long-term archival
- Optimal Fidelity and Searchability: Adlib turns images into a searchable, validated PDF/A
- Validation Tools: In Adlib’s internal tests we’ve found that our validation tools are much better than most other vendors at catching potential validation issues with documents flowing through our products