Gartner Predictions are Right in Line with Adlib’s Platform
By Scott Mackey | March 8, 2011
It’s good to be ahead of the curve.
We’ve long been in the business of providing automated tools to improve the efficiency of business processes with Adlib’s content transformation solutions. According to leading market analyst Gartner, the future of IT services within enterprises reflects exactly what we do.
“By 2015, tools and automation will eliminate 25% of labour hours associated with IT services,” writes Gartner in its recent report, Gartner’s recent report, Top Predictions for IT Organizations and Users, 2011 and Beyond: IT’s Growing Transparency.
Adlib’s content transformation platform includes:
- Back office automation: server-based SOA that removes time, cost and risk associated with the inefficiencies of manual processes
- Business process automation: automated business rules based on document metadata that improves the consistency of results, ensures documents meet internal or regulatory standards
From the line of business user’s perspective, Adlib’s platform avoids the costs of retraining users for changes in business processes. From IT’s viewpoint, business process automation:
- Reduces the cost of creating, modifying and deploying solutions
- Means that configuration changes can be made without coding and redeployment
- Avoids extensive retesting of validated environments
IT Part of Enterprise Value
Gartner’s other top predictions include that “by 2015, most external assessments of enterprise value and viability will include explicit analysis of IT assets and capabilities.” A recent Gartner webinar discusses that “IT has an increasing impact on business performance, competitive advantage, risk management and transparency, and enterprise ability to merge, acquire and partner.
Gartner sets as next steps for enterprises:
- Work to improve all business executives’ ability to articulate IT value
- Build IT skills and knowledge in finance, strategy and communications
Adlib was built on the recognition that the strategic application of IT resources – including the automation of tools to improve business process efficiency – can provide competitive advantage and increase shareholder value.
It’s nice to see an industry heavyweight like Gartner get behind our formula for success.
About the Author
As a senior executive, Scott has spent the last 20 years building Adlib into the thriving organization it is today. Scott has held customer-focused leadership roles spanning success, professional services, marketing, and support. He is passionate about business growth, the human impact of technology, and the pursuit of an ideal customer experience measured in the customers’ terms.